MySQL 5.1 Community Edition and GlassFish Application Server v2 Update Release 2 (UR2) application server are now available to download. We’re pretty excited about these products, but we want to know how you, the student developers, can develop useful applications using the new features of these products.
Use MySQL database and GlassFish application server to develop a web application and write a review for…
* A chance to win a grand prize of $500 in Visa debit card, and
* Five chances to win a prize of $250 in Visa debit card
1. Download MySQL 5.1 Community Edition and GlassFish v2 Update Release 2 (UR2).
2. Develop a cool web application using the combination.
3. Create a project of your application at java.net.
4. Write a review of these products and post it in your blog.
5. Submit your java.net project’s URL and your review’s URL.
6. Do it before October 22, 2008.
How to Enter
To participate, do the following:
1. Develop an innovative web application that uses MySQL 5.1 Community Edition database and GlassFish v2 UR2 application server. You can develop in any of the following languages: Java, PHP, Python, or Ruby. You must submit complete source code of the application, user documentation, developer/administrator documentation including application installation instructions, and appropriate executables. You must make all these deliverables available as a project at java.net. Provide your project’s URL in the Submission Form below.
2. Write reviews of MySQL 5.1 Community Edition database and GlassFish v2 UR2 application server based on your experiences as you developed the web application. You must post the review in a blog or on a web page, and you must provide the corresponding URL in the Submission Form below.
The developed application and the reviews must be new material that you have written and not copied from something that you or others have already developed or published.
Finally, complete the submission form, and if you have any questions, submit a contact request.
Contest starts: September 2, 2008
Submission deadline: October 22, 2008
Judging period: October 23 – November 20, 2008
Winners announced: November 21, 2008
For more information please look at here